FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can you really bake in these?
- Are your products reusable?
- What are they made of?
- Are your products safe to bake with?
- How do I clean and care for them?
For additional questions about Silpat® click here.
Yes. Professional pastry chefs throughout the world have been using our products to bake for many years now. The temperature varies depending on the product you are using, but our products can be used in temperatures up to 480°F. You can even use our Flexipan®, Silpat® and other Sil products in freezing temperatures.
Yes. Depending on the product, the number of times you use it can vary. Most of our molds, such as the Silform®
or Flexipan®, and our mats, such as Silpat®, have a life of up to two to three thousand times. Of course the life
depends on maintenance and care.
Our products are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone.
Yes. Our products conform to FDA regulations and are NSF® and Kosher certified.
Each product has different, specific care instructions but all of our products follow some simple rules:
- Use warm water and a soft sponge to wipe off any mess.
- Use a mild soap.
- Do not use any grease or butter (they are already non-stick).
- Never cut on any of the products.