Peeled Whole Almonds
Liquid Egg Whites
Fine Sea Salt
Organic Almonds, chopped (unroasted)
- Soak whole almonds in cold water for at least 1 hour. This step enables the almonds to be finely ground without releasing any oil.
- Strain the almonds from the water and dry them. Mix them with the rest of the ingredients (liquid egg whites will be added later). Put mixture in freezer for a bit so when you make a fine flour with the Food Processor, they won't release any oil due to the heat generated from the machine blades.
- When it is all incorporated and like a thick paste, add the liquid egg whites slowly to make it softer.
- When completely incorporated, transfer to a parchment paper sheet or plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
Note: A food processor will be needed to make the almond paste texture smooth and uniform. Remaining almond paste can be wrapped in parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerated for future use.
- Drain the Amarena cherries from the syrup, take a small piece of the almond paste and cover the cherry completely.
- Coat the covered cherries with the chopped almond. Press almond coating slightly, but do not push too far into the paste.
- Arrange evenly on a SilPain® mat. Dust granulated sugar on top.
- Bake at 500 F for 2-3 minutes, rotate the baking tray for uniform bake. Pay attention not to bake them too dark.