Sucrose (white sugar)
Fine Sea Salt
3/4 cup +2 TBSP
3/4 cup + 2 TBSP
1 pc per roll
- Mix flour, fresh yeast, butter and sugar in a Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment or by hand.
- Add milk little by little to previously mixed ingredients with the malt powder and acacia honey.
- Add salt. When the dough is well incorporated, remove from mixer and finish mixing dough by hand.
- Roll out small balls (size of golf ball) and arrange evenly on a SilPain® mat. For a liquid chocolate filling, insert 1 piece of dark chocolate inside before forming the balls.
- Let it proof in a warm place (95 F) until double its original volume. De-gas the rolls lightly. Allow to rise again.
- Brush with egg wash on top of each roll.
- Bake at 550-600 F for about 5 minutes in the middle rack of the oven, until a medium golden brown color.
- Rest on wire rack until cool.