All purpose flour
Candied orange peel
Cocoa Barry Inaya®
64% Dark Chocolate
+ 2 TBSP
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In another large bowl, beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the lemon zest and the eggs one at a time. Finish by adding the dry ingredients and the dried fruit and/or chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces and with moist hands form 2 (9" x 3") logs. Arrange them evenly on a SilPain® mat.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs crosswise into 3/4 inch-thick slices.
- Arrange them on the same baking sheet. Bake until cookies are pale golden color, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Store them at room temperature in a airtight container.
Substitutions: You could replace the candied orange and or chocolate for any other dried fruit.