Fresh Mission Figs
Smoked Organic Bacon
- Wash and peel off skin of the mission figs, taking care to peel if figs are a touch ripe.
- Select small or medium size figs that are neither too hard nor too soft; size should be suitable for small bites and canapes.
- Wrap each peeled mission fig with a slice of bacon.
- Using a tooth pick or small bamboo skewer, pierce through bacon and fig to prevent bacon from unravelling and detaching from fig.
- Arrange on Silpat®.
- Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and caramelized.
- Transfer to plate and remove the skewers, finish with a touch of ground pepper on each fig wrapped with bacon.
Tip: Soak skewers prior in water for 20 minutes, this will prevent the skewer from burning in the oven.