Roll in butter
- Mix flour, yeast and sugar together in a mixing bowl fitted with a hook attachment.
- Add milk and water and mix for 1 minute on low speed & 1 minute on medium speed.
- Shape into a round ball and cover. Rest at room temperature for two hours. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cream roll in butter until soft. Shape into a square. Roll rested dough into a rectangle and place butter block on top of one half of the dough and fold in half. Rest 20 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle and fold into three like a letter. Rest 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Repeat the folding and resting 2 more times for a total of three times all together.
- At this point the dough can be stored in the freezer.
- Roll the dough on Roulpat® to 1/8" thick.
- Cut into triangles 4 inches wide by 9" long.
- Roll into croissant shape. Proof in a warm place for 5-6 hours.
- Brush with egg wash (scrambled eggs).
- Bake onto Silpain® at 350F/170C for 15 minutes.