Cooked and sifted
Fine Sea Salt
3/4 cup + 2 TBSP
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP
- In a pot filled with water place the 6 eggs and bring to a boil. Leave it for another 8 minutes after the water starts boiling.
- Cool down the eggs right away in cold running water. When cold, peel them, separate the egg yolks and pass through a sieve. Put them aside.
- In a mixer and at low speed, whip soft butter with sifted confectionery sugar.
- Add salt and vanilla. Incorporate sifted egg yolks and mix well. Then add flour and potato starch, previously sifted. You will get a very hard dough. Let it rest for 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Cut pieces of dough and mix at fast speed in a mixer to make the dough more pliable to work with.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough on the Roul'Pat®. When 1/2 inch thickness is achieved, use a 1 inch pastry circle cutter to create disks.
- Roll the disks out quickly into a cylindrical uniform shape on the Roul'Pat®. Can make braids, spirals or twists.
Note: Do not overwork the dough!
- Transfer shaped Ovis Mollis pieces to SilPain® mat with baking tray underneath.
- Bake at 293 – 302°F for about 20 minutes. Rotate tray at the 10 minute mark. Cookies should be a light golden brown color. These cookies have a delicate flavor, so do not over bake.