- Peel the shrimp starting by separating under the belly. Shell will come apart in rings. Leave the tail attached.
- Devein the shrimp by using tweezers or a paring knife and incise under the belly to remove all the dark spots.
- Butterfly the shrimp and arrange them on a Silpat® previously brushed with olive oil.
- Add salt, white pepper, lemon juice, chopped garlic and the chopped shallots.
- Brush the shrimp generously with the lemon-garlic butter.
- Bake for about 5 minute, with the rack on top, at 500 F. They should be slightly opaque when done.
- Arrange nicely on a plate and pour some of the flavorful sauce left in the tray.
Important notes on selecting shellfish: Check carefully for darkness or dryness on the skin and flesh of fish. Off odors or smells in the shellfish should be avoided. Shellfish should be vibrant and smell fresh. Farm raised or wild is ideal.