Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Slices or Wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Remove skin and core of fresh pineapple. Cut 1/2" thick slices. Drain any excess liquid, set aside.
- In a Kitchen Aid mixer with whisk attachment, whip eggs (room temperature) with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- While mixture is whipping, sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Turn mixer off, add in sifted dry ingredients.
- Start the mixer again in low speed and while mixing, add the olive slowly. Note: Do not do this on high speed!
- When olive oil is incorporated, add the milk and lemon zest. Increase speed to homogenize mixture.
- Pour the batter into the Silpat® Entremet. Add the pineapple slices to top evenly spaced.
- Bake at 350 F about 25 to 30 minutes, until it feels firm to the touch in the center and slightly golden.
- Cool down sponge on wire rack. When sponge is cool, turn upside down onto a large plate to demold.
- Keep the sponge cake at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze to keep longer.
Canned pineapple can be used as a substitute. As there is excess packing liquid, drain excess juice well before using.