Recipe from Chef Gabriele Riva
Components: Puff Pastry • Vanilla Pastry Cream
Butter for folding
1 cup+4 TBSP
- Delicately mix the ingredients for the basic dough. The dough must be firm.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours, ideally overnight.
- To prepare the butter for folding, knead the flour with the butter cut into cubes, shape into a square, protect in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Use rolling pin and Roul'Pat® for rolling the dough into a square shape. The folding butter must have the same consistency as the dough.
- Place the butter crosswise in the center of the rolled-out dough, and fold the edges over towards the center.
- Roll out dough in a rectangular shape and fold in three. Wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Turn 45 degrees and roll out once more, fold in three again and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Repeat the operation two more times, making sure to respect the rest time.
- Roll out the dough, Cut rectangles. Place them in a SilPain® and lightly dock it with a fork.
- Bake at 380 F until golden brown.
Vanilla Pastry Cream
Rice Flour or
- Warm cream and milk in a pot and infuse with the vanilla bean and lemon zest.
- In the mixer whip together yolks, sugar and cornstarch until light and fluffy.
- Pour the warm milk over the yolk mixture and mix well.
- Go back to the stove and cook to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat, add the gelatin. Strain and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 6 hours, better overnight.
- Place the mix in the mixer and whip until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to piping bag with a piping tip attached.
- Pipe the vanilla pastry cream on top of cut piece of millefeuille, stack identical piece above, repeat procedure.
- Millefeuille can be presented horizontally or vertically.
- A vanilla chantilly or whipped cream with icing sugar can be added to finish the presentation.
Tools & Equipment
- SilPain® mat
- Half sheet baking tray (13"x18")
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small pot
- Pastry bag
- Rubber spatula
- Wire rack for cooling
the baking tray
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
Back to Recipe List →