Soft Unsalted Butter
All Purpose Flour
Fine Sea Salt
Milk Chocolate 40%
Dark Chocolate 70%
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp
1 cup + 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine soft butter with both sugars and beat on medium spread until a light and aerated fluffy texture.
- Reduce speed to low and add salt, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low setting, add flour already sifted with the baking soda.
- Continue to mix until dough combines.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces.
- Drop tablespoons-size balls of dough on to a SilPain® mat about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the center. About 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Note: If pressed for time, the chocolate chip dough can be rolled into a 1-1/2" log using parchment paper, refrigerated overnight and sliced the next day to bake (1/2" thickness).