Light Soy Sauce
Grated Ginger root
- In a small sauce pan combine the following ingredients: soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar.
- Bring to slight boil and cook until all alcohol has evaporated. When mixture has reduced (10-15 minutes) remove from heat, strain contents into a bowl. Add the rice vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F.
- Wash and pat dry chicken wings.
- Cut into segments. The wingette piece can be flayed open and skewered.
- Season both the wingette and drumette pieces with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange on Silpat®. Bake on the top rack of oven. Rotate pieces often.
- When chicken wings are almost done, brush the Tebasaki sauce liberally on the chicken wing pieces.
- Transfer cooked chicken wings to plate; they can be served with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, side dipping sauce or simply by themselves.
Optional: For spicy finish, you can add pinch of cracked black pepper, Japanese Sansho pepper powder and ichimi pepper while preparing Tebasaki Sauce.