Steamed or Boiled Potatoes
Fresh White Onion
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fine Sea Salt
Black Pepper Powder
Grated Nutmeg Powder
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup +2 TBSP
- Steam or boil the potatoes until they are par-cooked. Use fork to check doneness.
- Let potatoes cool down and cut slices of approximately 1/4" thick. Set aside in a bowl until ready to use.
- Thinly slice the onions and caramelize them in a saute pan with extra virgin olive oil until they are lightly caramelized.
- Add butter and let it melt. Add flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Boil the vegetable stock and pour it little by little into the onion, butter and flour mixture.
- Add organic milk, fine sea salt, black pepper and nutmeg, creating a roux.
- Mix the light bechamel with the cooked sliced potatoes and pour into a Silpat® Entremet.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese all over the surface.
- Bake at 550 F for about 15 minutes on the highest rack of the oven to caramelize the cheese.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve as a main or side dish.
Check the cooking time and texture of the potatoes with the help of a fork. You should be able to insert the fork into them while the whole potato remains intact.