Peeled Whole Almonds (unroasted)
Liquid Egg Whites
Orange Blossom Water
Organic Whole Pine Nuts (unroasted)
Fine Sea Salt
- Soak whole almonds in cold water for at least 1 hour. This step enables the almonds to be finely ground without releasing any oil.
- Strain the almonds from the water and dry them. Mix them with the rest of the ingredients (liquid egg whites will be added later) Put mixture in freezer for a bit so when you make a fine flour with the food processor, they won't release any oil due to the heat generated from the machine blades.
- When it is all incorporated and like a thick paste, add the liquid egg whites slowly to make it softer.
- With a pastry bag, attach a star nozzle tip. Fill pastry bag 1/2 full to properly pipe mixture.
- Pipe a folding pattern onto a SilPain® mat.
- Place one pinenut on top of each almond cookie. Do not push too far into the almond paste.
- Allow to dry out for a few hours. This helps the almond paste retain its shape while baking.
- Bake at 500 F for 2-3 minutes, rotate the baking tray for uniform bake. Pay attention not to bake them too dark.
Note: A food processor will be needed for this preparation to create a smooth texture that can be easily piped through a pastry bag.
Optional: A neutral glaze can be brushed on baked almond cookies immediately after being removed from oven.